The unions issued the statement after a meeting with education minister Paul Mavima in Harare to try and find a solution to their grievances.The teachers are demanding they be paid in U.S. dollars instead of Zimbabwean bond notes. Teachers also want improved working conditions and have sent a warning that they could walk off the job again if the government does not address their demands.“The employer is thus advised to take advantage of this détente to introspect and come up with a well thought-out, meaningful and long lasting solution on the salaries grievances,” the unions said.Zimbabwe’s teachers, like other public-sector workers, say U.S. dollar salaries and pay increases will help cushion them against soaring inflation and economic hardship.Related Zimbabwe teachers threaten to strike from Tuesday Thousands of Zimbabwe nurses call off strike Zimbabwean teachers have suspended a national strike seeking better pay, unions said, but warned they could walk out from their jobs again. Picture: Reuters/Philimon BulawayoZimbabwean teachers on Sunday called off a strike they started on Feb. 5. In a joint statement, the Zimbabwe Teachers Association (ZIMTA) and the Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) called on its members to report for duty starting Monday.“Our members who were on industrial action (strike) must, therefore, report for work commencing Monday the 11th of February 2019 and wait for further commands and direction,” the two unions said. Teachers in Angola go on strike
Share 43 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Education Minister, Petter Saint Jean (file photo)The Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development on Friday, 5th July ended a two-day consultation with representatives of the CARICOM Trade and Competitiveness Project (CTCP) to discuss plans for the implementation of the Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ). The CTCP is concerned with the establishment and development of assessment and certification systems in nine (9) CARICOM member states and the increased regional capacity for standards development, quality assurance, performance, assessment and certification in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). The project also aims to secure full and free access to labour and services markets in the region in professions requiring licensing and certification as artisans.Consultant, Paulette Dunn-Pierre said the scope of work includes the development of an implementation plan to ensure that states are CVQ compliant.“We want to ensure that the workers in Dominica can compete with the rest of the region particularly in terms of the Caribbean Single Market and Economy. We are here to see how we can assist Dominica to build capacity. “The aim is to ensure that Dominica can award the CVQ which is the certification that will allow people to move across the region. We also want to see how far advanced the TVET council is and what employers are thinking in terms of new and emerging areas,” Dunn-Pierre said.During the next phase of the project, the CTCP consultants will hold training for CVQ assessors and verifiers and assess facilities for compliance to ensure that Dominica is on par with the region. Currently, Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados, Grenada and St. Lucia are awarding the CVQ. Education Minister Hon. Petter Saint-Jean said the Government of Dominica was committed to the success of the CVQ programme here.“We believe that in order for Dominica to take off economically our people must be well equipped. There is need for retooling of our workforce in order to maintain a competitive edge.“This is not only about the Ministry of Education. This is about all ministries, all sectors within the country coming together, understanding that we need to have a changed mind-set as far as the marketplace is concerned,” he said.The Education Minister earlier this year appointed a new TVET Council, charged with developing a progressive and prescriptive framework within which to certify, to international standards, the competence and productive capacities of Dominica’s workforce. The Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development last month awarded certificates to 18 CVQ assessors who received training from the National Training Agency of Trinidad and Tobago.The CVQ programme will be piloted in three (3) secondary schools, the Dominica Grammar School, North East Comprehensive School and the Goodwill Secondary School, in the 2013-2014 academic year.By: Dionne Durand EducationLocalNewsSecondary Education Ministry hosts consultation on CVQ implementation by: – July 6, 2013 Share Share Tweet
Share 181 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share First ever Dominican to win a medal at the Commonwealth games, Thea Lafond stated that while she is happy to have won a medal, she is not really satisfied.“Being my first meet of the season a 13.92 is what it took to get me unto the podium. However I’m not really satisfied, that was a big jump, that could have been further if I was on the board, so back to the drawing board for sure, but as to right now I’m definitely just enjoying the moment that we are in right now, so this is not the end, this is definitely just the beginning.” Lafond stated.Lafond made history, becoming the first ever Dominican medalist at the Commonwealth Games after securing a bronze medal in the Triple Jump event at the ongoing 2018 games in Australia.She cemented the third place position and her medal with a leap of 13.92 meters during her third jump, with her first and second jumps recording at 13.82 and 13.52 meters respectively.Her fourth and sixth jumps both recorded at 13.62 meters, with her fouling on her fifth attempt. LocalNewsSports Bronze medalist unsatisfied with performance by: – April 12, 2018 Share Tweet
On Saturday, the third stage of the eighth season of the largest domestic BMX competition series – “SMScredit.lv BMX Championship” will take place on the track of Zemgale Olympic Center in Jelgava from 13:00. Meanwhile, the Jelgava Open Championship competition will take place there on Sunday. Content will continue after the ad Advertising The BMX competition season in Latvia has started very fast. The first two stages of the “SMScredit.lv BMX championship” series have been completed on the “Avotu” and Vecpiebalga tracks in Burtnieki district. The Burtnieki County Cup and Vecpiebalga County Cup competitions organized by local clubs have also taken place.You don’t have to wait long for the next race. Already this weekend, a large BMX family will gather on the track of Zemgale Olympic Center in Jelgava. Here is one of the oldest organizations of this sport in Latvia – BMX club “Mītavas kumeļi”. One of the best elite riders in Latvia in men’s and women’s groups – Kristens Kriegers, as well as Vanessa Buldinska – have now come from Jelgava.On Saturday, the third stage of “SMScredit.lv BMX Championship” will take place on the track of Zemgale Olympic Center. The first pre-races of the competition will take place from 13:00, but the decisive battles for victories will take place after 16:30. Participants in the competition will start not only from Latvia, but also from Lithuania, Estonia and Finland.Meanwhile, the Jelgava Open Championship will take place on Sunday from 11:00. The 2020 “SMScredit.lv BMX Championship” season includes five stages that take place in Burtnieki municipality, Vecpiebalga, Jelgava, Smiltene and Valmiera. Meanwhile, the Latvian championship will take place on August 15 in Ventspils.“SMScredit.lv BMX Championship” is focused on children and youth group athletes. At the same time, athletes of adult groups, including athletes of the Latvian national team, will also start in the stages. For the eighth year in a row, the main supporter of Latvia’s largest BMX competition series is “SMScredit.lv”.
The team of Lokomotiv (Pd) already knows its opponent for the first qualifying round of the Europa League. This is the Montenegrin Iskra, which eliminated with great effort the Andorran FC Santa Coloma after the execution of penalties.The match in Andorra la Vela went without a goal, both in regular and extra time. Overall, the hosts created a real heroism, after nearly 80 minutes of playing with a man less because of Alaes’ red card.Lokomotiv (Pd) sold Josip Tomashevich in GreeceThe defender signed with Atromitos Despite the good opportunities for the Iskra players, the guard of the hosts Casals made several heroic saves.Thus, everything was decided after the execution of penalty kicks, where the players of FC Santa Coloma made two mistakes through Bukhara and Santos, which turned out to be enough for Iskra to continue in the next phase.Alexander Nedovich’s team will host Loko in exactly seven days at home.Bruno Akrapovich was pleased with Christian IlicThe 24-year-old Croat can act as a defender or in the midfieldWhat do we know about Iskra?Iskra (Danilovgrad) was the big surprise in the last championship of the Balkan state. The team fought for the bronze medals, which was helped by the termination of the league due to the pandemic of COVID-19.This is the biggest success in their club history. Matches in Europe – until today there were none, and the only known player in their ranks is the Japanese Kohei Kato. The Asian recorded over 40 matches for Beroe between 2016 – 2018. The mentor of the team is the promising young specialist Alexander Nedovich.Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) with a difficult victory against Botev (Vratsa), three goals and a red card of “Lauta”Another goal, but also an injury for Domovchiiski
KANDY, Sri Lanka, CMC – West Indies will attempt to avoid their second straight whitewash on Sri Lankan soil when they take on the hosts in today’s final One-Day International. Five years ago, the Caribbean wide were swept 3-0 with the decisive third victory also coming here in the central Sri Lankan city.And though the visitors have already conceded the three-match series following defeats in Colombo and Hambantota, head coach Phil Simmons does not anticipate any problems motivating West Indies for the finale.“My players have no problems being motivated,” Simmons told a media conference ahead of the encounter at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. “So whatever happened in the last two games does not hinder the motivation of the players.“We didn’t turn up for the [last] game. We didn’t bowl well and dropped too many catches. And in the batting we didn’t put an innings together chasing 340-odd.“I think it was one of those days where all three facets of the game went wrong but all we can do is continue to work as we have been working hard before so we can correct it [on Sunday].” Searching for their first ever series win in Sri Lanka, West Indies suffered disappointment in the opening game when they went down by one wicket defending 289, in a contest that ended in the last over.The second defeat was far more comprehensive, however, West Indies crashing to a heavy 161-run loss last Wednesday, in pursuit of 346.Despite those results, Simmons said they were aspects of both games which had been encouraging for West Indies and which they needed to now build on. “From the first game, definitely the way we fought back after [conceding] 78 off the first 10 overs and in the second one, the way that we bowled in the first 10 overs,” Simmons explained.“So if we can put the two of them together [for Sunday], then we can get a complete 50 overs.“I think batting-wise, we batted well in the first one-dayer where we put partnerships together. [In the] second one we didn’t do any of that.” West Indies were let down my loose fielding especially in the last game, highlighted by captain Kieron Pollard putting down Kusal Mendis on two, and the right-hander cashing in to register his second ODI hundred.And Simmons said the fielding was an area which the Windies had given much attention in recent times.“It is something we are working extremely hard on and we’re trying to get everyone to enjoy the day in the field so that’s where we’re going to change things.”SQUADS: SRI LANKA – Dimuth Karunaratne (captain), Niroshan Dickwella, Avishka Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shehan Jayasuriya, Lahiru Kumara, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Pradeep, Lakshan Sandakan, Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana.WEST INDIES – Kieron Pollard (captain), Fabian Allen, Sunil Ambris, Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Keemo Paul, Nicholas Pooran, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Hayden Walsh Jr.
Kansspelautoriteit enters into MoU with Malta Gaming Authority August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon John Williamson to oversee UK Tote Group’s international growth August 28, 2020 Share Related Articles SBC Awards: The key to an effective submission August 28, 2020 Share Submit Football Index is a UK gambling licensed platform which the company describes as the world’s first football stock market.Adam Cole, Football IndexIt’s a tradable market in football where users can buy and sell stocks in players, known as Futures, with real money, build up a portfolio and earn dividends with the overall aim of cashing out and selling at a profit. You can for example buy five Futures in Philippe Coutinho and if his value spikes on the platform, then it may be time to sell.On March 25th it went live on crowdfunding platform Seedrs in a bid to raise £800,000 for 15.10% equity, and it has already hit £402,242 at the time of writing.The platform has proven popular since going live in 2015 and has acquired over 13,000 registered football traders. Fame Ventures is the company behind Football Index and was founded by Adam Cole in 2012. In an informative video Cole explains how the platform isn’t limited to football and there are plans afoot to extend it into a celebrity focused platform called Fame Index.CEO Adam Cole said in a statement: “My team and I built Football INDEX because we were convinced that most people didn’t want to trade traditional stocks and shares in companies like British Gas and HSBC. People want to invest their knowledge and ‘trade their passion’, and there is no shortage of knowledge or passion in football. As we’ve proven, there is a huge appetite for Football INDEX as a platform.”Should you have any questions for Adam and the team, there’s a live Twitter Q&A you can get involved with at 19:00 on Wednesday 6th April.
Photo by Heidi Gutman/ABC via Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — Emma Thompson’s decision to quit the Skydance Animation film Luck — which is being produced by embattled former Pixar and Walt Disney Animation head John Lasseter — has everything to do with him.Lasseter was a part of the blockbuster-minting machine behind the Toy Story, Cars, and Incredibles films, but the Oscar-winning producer’s career with ABC News’ parent company came to a messy end due to accusations of sexual misconduct. Lasseter admitted to “inappropriate hugging” and “other missteps.”Lasseter was recently scooped up by Skydance Media Chief Executive David Ellison, in an effort to get the company off the ground, but the takeoff has been less than smooth. Following a series of apologies for past behavior to his new co-workers, Lasseter was slammed on social media.Now, Thompson has written a letter to Skydance, explaining her decision to leave Luck, and putting the blame squarely on Lasseter.“If a man has been touching women inappropriately for decades, why would a woman want to work for him if the only reason he’s not touching them inappropriately now is that it says in his contract that he must behave ‘professionally’?” she asked.Thompson added, “Much has been said about giving John Lasseter a ‘second chance.’ But he is presumably being paid millions of dollars to receive that second chance. How much money are the employees at Skydance being paid to GIVE him that second chance?”The multiple Oscar winner added, “I am well aware that centuries of entitlement to women’s bodies whether they like it or not is not going to change overnight…But I am also aware that if people…do not take this sort of a stand, then things are very unlikely to change at anything like the pace required to protect my daughter’s generation.”Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — The Steelers might have to wait even longer for the arrival of their star running back Le’Veon Bell to training camp. A source tells ESPN Bell is not expected to be back for Week 3 of the pre season, when Pittsburgh takes on the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday.Bell and the Steelers were unable to reach a long-term agreement before the July 17 deadline this off-season, meaning the 25-year-old will have to play under the franchise tag this upcoming season. However, Bell has yet to sign the $12.2 million tender. He has instead been in South Florida for most of August.Bell, when healthy, has been one of the most dominant running backs since he stepped into the league in 2013. He’s amassed 26 touchdowns and 4,045 rushing yards, while adding 2,005 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns. The source, however, would be shocked if Bell is not back with the Steelers shortly after due to his love for football.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
John Porch, Caolin Blade and Niyi Adeolokun pictured at the launch of the 2019/20 Connacht Rugby Away & European Kit from BLK Ireland at Elverys Intersport, Galway Retail Park. Elsewhere in the back line, Peter Robb has returnedfrom injury to partner Tom Daly in midfield while Tiernan O’Halloran starts atfull back in a back three that includes John Porch and Matt Healy on the wings.Up front, Paddy McAllister is another to return frominjury in time for the interpro clash. The loosehead prop joins a front rowwith hooker Dave Heffernan and Finlay Bealham at tighthead.With Quinn Roux picking up a hand injury againstMunster that will likely keep him out of action until the end of January, AndyFriend has been forced to make a change to his second row. Ultan Dillane willline up with Joe Maksymiw who came off the bench last weekend with 20 year oldRoscommon man Niall Murray named among the replacements.In the back row, Robin Copeland comes into thestarting team at number 8. He will be flanked by Eoin McKeon and Paul Boyle atblindside and openside respectively.Commenting ahead of the game, Connacht Head CoachAndy Friend said: “We have had a short turnaround from the Munster game, andwith Christmas in the middle of that, there isn’t a huge volume of training thesquad can get through. We are boosted by the return of Paddy McAllister, MattHealy and Peter Robb, and those fresh legs are important as we head into thetenth weekend in a row of Pro14 and Champions Cup action”.“Ulster have a fantastic record at home and are unbeatenin Kingspan since we defeated them some 14 months ago. So, we’re lookingforward to another competitive interpro game in front of a passionate homecrowd.”Connacht Matchday Squad V Ulster (Fri 27 Dec,7:35pm)(15-9): Tiernan O’Halloran, John Porch, Tom Daly,Peter Robb, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade (Capt) (1-8): PaddyMcAllister, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Joe Maksymiw, EoinMcKeon, Paul Boyle, Robin Copeland.Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Denis Buckley, DominicRobertson McCoy, Niall Murray, Eoghan Masterson, Stephen Kerins, Kyle Godwin,Stephen Fitzgerald.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Blade has been a central figure for Connacht of latehaving taken part in all of the province’s 12 games of the current campaign.The 25 year old Monivea man will continue his half back partnership with ConorFitzgerald for the trip to Belfast. Connacht Scrum Half Caolin Blade is set to captainConnacht as they travel to Kingspan Stadium to take on Ulster in the Pro14 onFriday (Kick off 7:35pm).